Friday, December 30, 2011

Ten goals for 2012

Concerning the bicycle, I thought about some goals I might aspire to achieve in the coming year. Without going too deep into it, these came to mind:
  1. At least once a week, January to December, go somewhere on the bike, if only to catch the bus at the end of the street.
  2. At least once a month, contact one elected official (any level of gov't, down to town council and school board) about bike safety, bike advocacy, street design, racks, whatever.
  3. At least once a month, contact one business or building owner about improving bike infrastructure -- racks, security, etc.
  4. At least once a month, go on a group ride. Group: More than riding solo.
  5. At least once a month, get someone seriously interested in trying to use a bicycle for basic transportation, who isn't doing it already.
  6. Log my miles in the Car-Free Calculator.
  7. Beat 1,000 miles. Maybe better stated, how early can I hit 1,000 miles?
  8. Complete my fleet, i.e., have every ridable bike ready to mount and ride off on a moment's notice.
  9. Equip every car I own with a bike rack.
  10. Acquire a growler from Pittsburgh's East End Brewing.
That's enough to start with, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I use my bike to goto work everyday. its about a mile away n i work 5 days a week usually. then I've biked to school maybe 15 times which is 7 miles away and maybe 5 times to bellevue which is about 10 miles...as well as random trips around the burg to meet people. I think I could gotten really close to 1000 miles

    ReplyDelete